Professional Code of Conduct
Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria Code of Professional Conduct:
Membership in the Institute of Safety professionals of Nigeria entails a duty to serve and protect people, property and the environment. This duty is to be exercised with integrity, honour and dignity. Members are accountable for following the Code of Professional Conduct.
- Protect people, property and the environment through the application of Safety principles.
- Serve the public, employees, employers, clients and the Institute with fidelity, honesty and impartiality.
- Achieve and maintain competency in the practice of the impartiality.
- Avoid conflicts of interest and compromise of professional conduct.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information.
In the fulfillment of my duties as a Safety Professional and as a member of the Institute, I shall:
- Inform the public, employers, employees, clients and appropriate authorities when professional’s judgment indicates that there is an unacceptable level of risks.
- Improve knowledge and skills through training, education and networking. Issue public statements in a faithful manner, and only within the parameters of authority granted.
- Serve as an agent and trustee, avoiding any appearance of conflict of interest.
- Assure equal opportunity to all.
Approved by National Executive Council, August: 28th, 2007